CAF America, America’s nonprofit leader in international grantmaking with a network of more than 1.8 million charities globally, announced the launch of Corporate Aid for Ukraine (CAU) Fund in partnership with the American Chamber of Commerce in Poland’s (AmCham Poland) Corporate Aid for Ukraine initiative and with the support of the honorable U.S. Ambassador to Poland, Mark Brzezinski. The CAU Fund is a donor-advised fund that empowers corporations to provide effective, impactful aid to Ukrainians during this dire time. The fund is a critical resource in the current humanitarian aid landscape, providing access to frontline aid, enabling tax-deductible donations, providing support from the U.S. Embassy, and ensuring all charity partners are validated charitable organizations, among others.
“We are honored to be working in partnership with the American Chamber of Commerce of Poland,” says Ted Hart, President & CEO of CAF America. “CAF America is currently working with over 50 charitable organizations across Europe to provide humanitarian support for Ukrainians, and this fund will help further those efforts by creating access for corporate donors to ensure their charitable contributions have the highest impact and go to those most in need.”
“Corporate Aid for Ukraine and AmCham Poland are in a unique position to help the Ukrainian people, including the more than three million refugees who have fled their motherland – of which more than two million have already arrived in Poland,” says John P. Lynch, Founder of CAU, and AmCham Treasurer and Board Member. There is a massive and unprecedented need for financial support for humanitarian aid.
“U.S. corporations and businesses are an incredibly important source of funding on the frontlines for aid,” says Tony Housh, Chairman of AmCham Poland. “Our advisory board and AmCham Poland will work in partnership to closely monitor the evolving situation and respond promptly to emerging needs and rapidly evolving challenges as this humanitarian crisis continues to develop.”
Benefits of the CAU fund include:
- Frontline Aid. AmCham Poland, the board and volunteer executives are on the front line of the Ukrainian humanitarian crisis.
- The Critical Role of Poland. Poland is an EU and NATO-member nation bordering Ukraine. 62% of Ukrainian refugees are in Poland. There are proven open supply-chains into Ukraine from the Polish border. The CAU and AmCham board has decades of experience and are well-connected with Polish government, institutions and businesses, plus has strong contacts within Ukraine. We can get things done here near the front line.
- Tax-deductible donations. Corporate or individual donations to the CAU Fund to support Ukrainian aid will be fully tax deductible (under U.S. tax laws) as CAF America is a US public charity.
- U.S. Embassy Support. As AmCham's Honorary Chairman, U.S. Ambassador Mark Brzezinski “applauds AmCham's role in creating Corporate Aid for Ukraine and encourages U.S. firms to support front line Ukrainian humanitarian efforts such as the CAU Fund.”
- Donations from outside the United States. The CAU Fund can accept donations from companies and individuals from around the world, but non-U.S. donors should check their local regulations regarding the tax-deductible status of donations. Donations made to the CAU Fund in non-dollar currencies will be converted to US dollars and distributed to grantees in the currency of their preference.
- Strictly humanitarian aid. To qualify for tax-deductibility, donations must be used exclusively for humanitarian efforts. Among the many uses, your donations will be used for the purchase of food, hygienic products, medicines and medical supplies, and more.
- Straight to those in need. AmCham-appointed CAU donor advisors will advise donated funds to established, validated charities in Poland and aid organizations on the front lines providing immediate support to Ukrainian citizens in the country and refugees in Poland.
- Full Vetting. Every grantee will be vetted by both Charities Aid Foundation America and CAU / AmCham Poland.
As AmCham's Honorary Chairman, U.S. Ambassador Mark Brzezinski said he “applauds AmCham's role in creating Corporate Aid for Ukraine and encourages U.S. firms to support front-line Ukrainian humanitarian efforts such as CAU. I am in deep admiration of this unprecedented initiative to help your neighbors in crisis. This is a perfect example of the very best the U.S. can be in the face of a crisis of historic proportions.”
To learn more, please visit https://amcham.pl/corporate-aid-ukraine.
About CAF America
A leader in international philanthropy since 1992, CAF America (Charities Aid Foundation of America) has been assisting corporations, foundations, and individuals in making strategic, effective, and tax-advantaged gifts internationally and domestically. Whether supporting organizations worldwide, providing swift responses to major disasters, or helping build connections between global communities, CAF America turns donors' visions into impact. CAF America's worldwide reach translates into more than $1.5 billion in donor funds and over 1.8 million eligible organizations in 110 countries.
The Charities Aid Foundation is a leading charity operating in the UK and internationally. Our work connects and enables the vital organizations, institutions and individuals working together to ensure that everyone has a stake in the future. We believe that the agency of lasting change lies across sectors and borders, in the hearts, minds and hands of those driven to make a difference. We exist to accelerate progress in society towards a fair and sustainable future for all. Experts in safe and effective cross-border giving, CAF is a UK-based foundation that works with private philanthropists, businesses, individuals and Government in the UK, US and Canada to send funds to charities working across hundreds of causes around the world.