A cultural and organizational transformation has begun at Clarivate, where every decision and every opportunity is approached with the assumption and mindset that the solution will better connect us through technology.
As the impact of COVID-19 spread across the globe in 2020 and most countries announced mandatory remote working directives, Clarivate quickly adapted and pivoted to a fully remote model. Our executive leadership team recognized that the nature of our business is driven by technology and innovation — and is significantly enhanced by our talented pool of knowledge workers. Despite managing through a lot of rapid change, we knew we were well positioned for success.
Our company and our team have thrived. We see that our business is resilient, our colleagues are focused and productive and we arebeginning to experience unprecedented success. A global colleague survey revealed that 74% enjoyed the new model of working from home (WFH). Based on this data and a robust set of diverse feedback, we have chosen to accelerate our connected workplace journey, ensuring that our business stays relevant, profitable and sustainable for years to come.
- Ceased business travel from February 2020 through the end of the year
- Reimbursed 1,640 colleagues for furniture and other necessary workstation items purchased to support work from home
- Made IT equipment available to all colleagues to support work from home and made additional support arrangements where remote working was not possible for colleagues
- Implemented DocuSign, which replaced 15,289 paper envelopes, resulting in resource savings of approximately 4,002 lbs. of wood, 11,780 gals. of water, 9,394 lbs. of carbon and 650 lbs. of waste
- Enabled colleagues to manage work/life balance, expand career development opportunities and improve connections via our campaign of engagement initiatives
- Initiated flexible work schedules for everyone that needed them and awarded an additional 10 days of paid time off to care for family members
- Create and socialize a New Ways of Working playbook to help colleagues navigate workplace changes
- Implement a financial stipend for >40% of colleagues
- Maintain reduced business travel at 25% of pre-pandemic level throughout 2021
- Launch the Be Well program and Virgin Pulse app to promote wellbeing to all colleagues
- Achieve our cloud vendor’s goal of 100% renewable energy along with multiple initiatives to reduce water usage and cool data centers more efficiently
- Continue to simplify and unify our web presence for easier access, streamlined navigation and a better, more connected customer experience