The Greater New York Chamber of Commerce (the “Chamber”), a New York State nonprofit entity representing 30,000 business and civic leaders with a mission of improving the business climate and quality of life in the New York Metropolitan Area, is proud to announce that Eleazar “Ele” Kauderer will co-host the “Proudly She Served” book signing and portrait unveiling event celebrating the heroic service of women in the military.
The event will take place on June 13, 2023, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. ET at the General Society Library, located at 20 West 44th Street, New York City.
Women Veterans Day is observed on June 12 in the United States, a date chosen to celebrate the anniversary of the Women's Armed Services Integration Act. Women Veterans Day honors the work of women in the military and recognizes their unique challenges. The Proudly She Served book signing will include the unveiling of the 12 portraits with local dignitaries and women veteran portrait participants.
The portrait series and book participants include a diverse group of active-duty U.S. military and veteran women from the Army, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy and Women Airforce Service Pilots listed below:
• Kim Brooks, born in Portland, Ore., U.S. Marine Corps, Separated - Sergeant
• Nicole Cimino, born in San Diego, Calif., U.S. Coast Guard, Retired - Chief Petty Officer.
• U.S. Senator Tammy Duckworth, representing Illinois, U.S. Army, Retired – Lieutenant Colonel
• Kirstie Ennis, raised in Milton, FL., U.S. Marine Corp, Retired – Sergeant
• Dawn Halfaker, raised in San Diego, CA, U.S. Army, Retired – Captain
• Bernice “Bee” Falk Haydu, of Montclair, NJ, U.S. Women Airforce Service Pilot (deceased)
• Miyoko Hikiji, of Cedar Rapids, IA, U.S. Army, Separated - Specialist
• Angel Hughes, raised in East Orange, NJ, U.S. Coast Guard, Separated - Lieutenant Commander
• Nicole Malachowski, of Las Vegas, NV, U.S. Air Force, Retired – Colonel
• Chaplain Karen Meeker, raised in Huntington Mills, PA., U.S. Army, Active Duty - Colonel
• Louise Rand, of Martins Ferry, OH, U.S. Air Force – 1st Lieutenant (deceased)
• Arabia Shanklin, of Steubenville, OH, U.S. Navy, Active Duty - Lieutenant
Ele Kauderer, who serves on the Military & Veterans Affairs Committee for the Greater New York Chamber, remarked, “I couldn’t be more honored and grateful for the opportunity to help celebrate the brave women who have so proudly served our democracy for 75 years. It’s fitting that the event will take place one day after Women’s Veterans Day and one day before Flag Day. In so many ways, they have been the backbone of the nation, and I look forward to the opportunity to show my pride and respect for their sacrifices and their courage.”
About The Greater New York Chamber of Commerce
The Greater New York Chamber of Commerce represents 30,000 business and civic leaders comprising of entrepreneurs, small, medium size, major and international corporations, public officials, local, city, state and federal agencies, foreign dignitaries, and consulates. It provides in-person and online weekly networking receptions, breakfasts, luncheons, seminars, and business expos.
The mission of the Chamber is to improve the business climate and quality of life in the New York Metropolitan Area for businesses, workers, residents, and visitors. It provides valuable services to individuals, start-ups, entrepreneurs, small businesses, and civic leaders who represent the backbone of the Greater New York business community.
The Greater New York Chamber of Commerce is an approved New York State Not for Profit entity. It operates under Rule 501 C 6, as an exempt organization under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. It also maintains a charitable fund to help assist local chambers, trade organizations and civic groups under IRS Rule 501 C 3 and a political action committee.
For more information, please visit http://www.ny-chamber.com.
About Ele Kauderer
Ele Kauderer, a New York businessman, CEO of Tiger Marketing & Branding Agency & founder of Youth Empowerment & Success, has been involved in philanthropy, has created youth programs in New Jersey and New York City, international business, investment banking, marketing, branding, and public relations for nearly 25 years. He implemented television and radio marketing campaigns, production of commercials, national product launches, public relations for both private and public companies as well as political campaigns. Ele Kauderer sits on the Military & Veterans Affairs Committee as well as the Economic Development Committee for the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce.
For more information on Eleazar Kauderer, visit www.EleazarKauderer.com.
PROUDLY SHE SERVED
Greater New York Chamber of Commerce
20 W 44th Street
New York, NY 10036
For more information on the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce, please visit http://www.ny-chamber.com