As the end of summer approaches, college students nationwide are preparing to head back to campus, which can often be a stressful time. Recently, Allison Stadd, SVP of Brand, Culture, and Media at Shipt, participated in a nationwide satellite media tour to share her top tips for saving and shopping this back-to-college season.
A video accompanying this announcement is available at: https://youtu.be/4zjgeS_FMUc
College students have enough to worry about while maintaining a good GPA, participating in extracurriculars and adapting to living away from home. Making time to shop for the essentials they need shouldn’t take away from focusing on what matters most.
Allison shared three tips to help students’ budget for back-to-school:
1) Stay focused on saving during the summer months! Starting off the year with some fallback cash is important in case of emergencies and before you get that next paycheck from your student union job.
2) There’s nothing wrong with taking advantage of savings opportunities! When your favorite stores and shopping solutions are offering discounts, like Shipt’s $4.99 per month student membership for same-day delivery, take advantage! Savings solutions really should be a course at college!
3) Split the costs of groceries and activities. If you’re sharing with roommates, make a budget tracker or phone notes doc to keep track of expenses to make sure it’s equitable.
Shipt is the perfect shopping solution and resource that provides more than just one benefit. As an affordable resource, you can rest assured knowing that you aren’t breaking the bank to have access to reliable shoppers with Shipt that are there to help you get all your needs.
Another benefit is that Shipt is a resource that gives you more time back in your day to spend on however you want! By relying on trusted shoppers with Shipt, you’ll have help gathering your essentials for you and recommending swaps if something is out of stock.
This Back to College season, Shipt is partnering with actress and entrepreneur, Issa Rae, to curate a list of her must-have student essentials from Target, such as:
- Wooden Letter Board: Perfect for welcoming guests or jotting down notes in a creative way!
- Power Bank: So you don’t get caught on campus without a charged phone!
- Ballpoint Affirmation Pens: Level up your ballpoint pens with inspiring words of affirmation to get you through your work!
- Cheez-its: A timeless late night study snack!
For information about Shipt’s new student membership, now available for just $4.99 per month, please visit shipt.com/student or download the Shipt app.
About Allison Stadd
Allison Stadd is the Senior Vice President of Brand, Culture, & Media at Shipt, where she brings her domain expertise in brand building, social media, and digital marketing to connect with consumers. Over the course of her career, she has held a variety of leadership roles, developing and executing creative strategies to forge real human connection. Allison received her undergraduate degree from University of Pennsylvania.