ORLANDO & TAMPA & FORT MYERS, Fla. | November 01, 2022 10:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
Minuteman Press International is proud to acknowledge the following franchisees in Florida who are celebrating 15 years in business.
Below you will find their insights on owning a business as well as their advice to other aspiring entrepreneurs and Minuteman Press franchise owners.
Kathy Collier Alford
Minuteman Press, Town ‘n’ Country, FL
“I am not sure where 15 years has gone. Before I opened my shop in November 2007, I was in retail management for 25 years opening new markets all over the country. When I decided to do something different, all I knew is that I wanted to work for myself.
Minuteman Press was in the Entrepreneur Franchise 500 and looked interesting. My brother originally brought Minuteman Press to my attention as I would have never thought about owning a print shop because I did not know anything about the industry. We contacted the Florida Regional VP, went on a few shop tours, and here I am 15 years later!
In the beginning, Minuteman Press has a system for growing your business, and I followed it. You must get plugged in! I did not even know what networking meant. I joined and visited various local groups and met so many people in the beginning that I still print for today. I joined a Chamber of Commerce; I got involved in philanthropy groups that I never had time for in my corporate life. I got involved in the community around my shop, and all of these experiences have been super rewarding.
I would never have thought that owning my own printing franchise could help me grow as a person. I learned about all of these amazing things that I did not even know were going on, and I feel super blessed.
Minuteman Press also has systems in place to help with pricing and growing my customer base. The Minuteman Press FLEX software has helped tremendously; FLEX has taken us to a whole new level of technology, pricing, emailing, invoicing, etc.
If I was to dole out any advice to a new owner it would be to:
- Teach your staff customer service and treat them right; you cannot do this alone (they are part of my family)
- Get to know your neighborhood, join groups, and get involved
- Do the things that have worked that Minuteman Press has already proven can work
- Build relationships and customer referrals (referrals are the best compliments you can get)
- Use SEO to your advantage
- Work hard and you will earn it!”
Ken & Lisa Rose
Ken Rose is the former Co-Director of Training for Minuteman Press International. Ken and his wife Lisa moved to Florida and from Long Island and they have now owned Minuteman Press in Clermont for 15+ years.
Ken shares the following advice that carried over from his time at Minuteman Press International that has helped him achieve success and longevity over the years as a Minuteman Press franchisee:
- No matter what is going on, you have to have a positive attitude
- Plan your day the night before and arrive early
- Do what you say you’re going to do, and do it (Roy Titus, co-founder, Minuteman Press International)
- Be proud of what you do & always tell people who you are & what you do (Roy Titus)
- Be active in the community through clubs and organizations, and be visible
- Pay yourself a fair wage (Roy Titus)
Minuteman Press, Cape Coral, FL
Jeff Reich has been the owner of Minuteman Press in Cape Coral, FL for 15+ years. Short and sweet, the advice Jeff shares is as follows:
- Understand your customers' expectations and exceed them
- Be persistent
- Deliver great quality
In congratulating these owners, Florida Regional Vice President Larry Trimble says, “I am thrilled to be able to celebrate these impressive milestones with Kathy, Ken & Lisa, and Jeff as well as all of the incredible Minuteman Press franchisees across Florida who have achieved such accomplishments. It is a pleasure to be able to support them with their businesses and I look forward to continuing to do so.”
For more information on #1 rated Minuteman Press franchise opportunities and to see more Minuteman Press franchise reviews, visit https://minutemanpressfranchise.com.
Minuteman Press International