Minuteman Press International is proud to acknowledge the following franchisees in Florida who are celebrating 15 years in business.
Below you will find their insights on owning a business as well as their advice to other aspiring entrepreneurs and Minuteman Press franchise owners.
Kathy Collier Alford
“I am not sure where 15 years has gone. Before I opened my shop in November 2007, I was in retail management for 25 years opening new markets all over the country. When I decided to do something different, all I knew is that I wanted to work for myself.
Minuteman Press was in the Entrepreneur Franchise 500 and looked interesting. My brother originally brought Minuteman Press to my attention as I would have never thought about owning a print shop because I did not know anything about the industry. We contacted the Florida Regional VP, went on a few shop tours, and here I am 15 years later!
In the beginning, Minuteman Press has a system for growing your business, and I followed it. You must get plugged in! I did not even know what networking meant. I joined and visited various local groups and met so many people in the beginning that I still print for today. I joined a Chamber of Commerce; I got involved in philanthropy groups that I never had time for in my corporate life. I got involved in the community around my shop, and all of these experiences have been super rewarding.
I would never have thought that owning my own printing franchise could help me grow as a person. I learned about all of these amazing things that I did not even know were going on, and I feel super blessed.
Minuteman Press also has systems in place to help with pricing and growing my customer base. The Minuteman Press FLEX software has helped tremendously; FLEX has taken us to a whole new level of technology, pricing, emailing, invoicing, etc.
If I was to dole out any advice to a new owner it would be to:
- Teach your staff customer service and treat them right; you cannot do this alone (they are part of my family)
- Get to know your neighborhood, join groups, and get involved
- Do the things that have worked that Minuteman Press has already proven can work
- Build relationships and customer referrals (referrals are the best compliments you can get)
- Use SEO to your advantage
- Work hard and you will earn it!”
Ken & Lisa Rose
Ken Rose is the former Co-Director of Training for Minuteman Press International. Ken and his wife Lisa moved to Florida and from Long Island and they have now owned Minuteman Press in Clermont for 15+ years.
Ken shares the following advice that carried over from his time at Minuteman Press International that has helped him achieve success and longevity over the years as a Minuteman Press franchisee:
- No matter what is going on, you have to have a positive attitude
- Plan your day the night before and arrive early
- Do what you say you’re going to do, and do it (Roy Titus, co-founder, Minuteman Press International)
- Be proud of what you do & always tell people who you are & what you do (Roy Titus)
- Be active in the community through clubs and organizations, and be visible
- Pay yourself a fair wage (Roy Titus)
Jeff Reich has been the owner of Minuteman Press in Cape Coral, FL for 15+ years. Short and sweet, the advice Jeff shares is as follows:
- Understand your customers' expectations and exceed them
- Be persistent
- Deliver great quality
In congratulating these owners, Florida Regional Vice President Larry Trimble says, “I am thrilled to be able to celebrate these impressive milestones with Kathy, Ken & Lisa, and Jeff as well as all of the incredible Minuteman Press franchisees across Florida who have achieved such accomplishments. It is a pleasure to be able to support them with their businesses and I look forward to continuing to do so.”
For more information on #1 rated Minuteman Press franchise opportunities and to see more Minuteman Press franchise reviews, visit https://minutemanpressfranchise.com.
Minuteman Press International