Nintendo Holiday Gift Guide 2020:Gifts the Whole Family Can Share & Enjoy This holiday season, families can use the Nintendo Switch family of systems and fun games to create lasting memories.
New York, NY | December 01, 2020 06:11 AM Eastern Standard Time
The holidays will look different for many families this year, but whether people are celebrating in-person or virtually, Nintendo has options for every gamer in the family. Recently, David Young, Nintendo spokesperson teamed with YourUpdateTV on a nationwide satellite media tour to discuss the hottest new Nintendo products and some great options for the holiday season.
A video accompanying this announcement is available at: https://youtu.be/e9kyI6m_Q0s
With the Nintendo Switch family of systems, families have the choice of a system that best fits their needs and personal play styles, with a broad range of games you can play together. Nintendo Switch can be played at home or on the go, while Nintendo Switch Lite is a handheld system perfect for players who love playing in handheld mode.
Nintendo is also offering a special Black Friday deal with the Nintendo Switch system, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game and a three-month individual membership* to Nintendo Switch Online all in one package at a great value price of only $299.99 – that’s like getting the game and membership for no extra cost!
Here are some of the hottest Nintendo games this holiday season.
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars: Play three of Mario’s greatest 3D platform adventures – Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy – all in one package!
- Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros.: This new collectable device (and perfect stocking stuffer) plays classic Super Mario Bros. games and is inspired by the original Game & Watch systems first released in 1980.
- Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit: Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit is a new experience that lets players control a real-life kart and put themselves behind the driver’s seat by looking through the screen of Nintendo Switch.
- Pikmin 3 Deluxe: Pikmin 3 Deluxe is an adorable action game that can be played with one or two players. Grow a squad of adorable, plantlike Pikmin to traverse a strange world and save your planet.
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is an over-the-top action game that takes places 100 years before the events of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons: : There are so many ways to create, enjoy and share your perfect island getaway. Explore and customize your island at your own pace, meeting new residents, discovering new activities, and sharing your unique island life with friends and family.
- Ring Fit Adventure: To keep families active, Ring Fit Adventure isfor both gamers and non-gamers alike. In the game, explore an adventure world and conquer enemies using the included accessories and the power of real-life exercises.
- Fitness Boxing 2: Rhythm & Exercise: Jab, uppercut and dodge to catchy pop tunes in this rhythmic boxing game! Pass a Joy-Con controller to an exercise buddy and box to the beat together.
- Just Dance 2021: Just Dance 2021 is the ultimate dance game, with 40 hot new tracks from chart-topping hits like “Rain On Me” by Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande, “Blinding Lights” by The Weeknd and “Ice Cream” by BLACKPINK x Selena Gomez.
- Nintendo Switch Online: This paid service lets you take your gaming up a notch with online multiplayer and exclusive benefits. With a Nintendo Switch Online membership, gain access to a large collection of NES and Super NES games that are great to play anytime, anywhere.
For more information, visit https://www.nintendo.com/holiday/.
* Included Nintendo Switch Online membership will auto-renew after three months. Terms apply. nintendo.com/switch-online
About: David Young:
Assistant Manager, PR at Nintendo
A Nintendo veteran of more than 30 years, David Young is Assistant Manager of Public Relations working with media, celebrates and influencers. Young began his Nintendo career as a consumer service representative and game counselor and helped Nintendo launch every game system beginning with the Super Nintendo Entertainment System to the current Nintendo Switch system.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 5 billion video games and more than 779 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at https://www.nintendo.com/.