SPARK Microsystems Releases 4K Mouse Reference Design for Wireless Gaming Applications 4K gaming mouse and other UWB tech on display at CES 2023
Montreal, Canada | December 20, 2022 11:28 AM Eastern Standard Time
SPARK Microsystems, a Canadian fabless semiconductor company specializing in next-generation ultra-wideband (UWB), today announces the availability of its 4K gaming mouse reference design, supporting polling rates up to 4,000 Hz. The project is built with SPARK Microsystems’ software development kit, which allows users to configure and use synchronized wireless links between devices leveraging SPARK’s UWB wireless transceivers.
“The SPARK 4K gaming mouse reference design signifies another advancement in our effort to proliferate our products using the unique SPARK UWB technology and support fast time to market for a wide range of gaming applications,” said Frederic Nabki, Co-Founder and CTO, SPARK Microsystems. “Unlike traditional wireless technologies, the ultra-low latency of SPARK UWB enables responsiveness on par with wired controllers and extended play and charge time, allowing gamers to enjoy truly wireless gaming without sacrificing their competitive edge.”
In addition to best-in-class specifications, the 4K gaming mouse reference design offers several key features to simplify and accelerate development of a complete wireless mouse:
- Complete hardware design and schematics for mouse, antenna and USB dongle
- Software implementation based on latest SPARK SDK and mouse application using NXP LPC55 MCU
- Wireless link latency of 250 micro-second at 4000 Hz polling rate
- Required mouse features such as low power business mode, guaranteed delivery of packets for buttons, back-channel for LED data to mouse, concurrency and fallback modes
- Wireless channel setup and functions including pairing, link configuration and data packet configuration
SPARK is offering demos of its 4K gaming mouse throughout CES 2023. The 4K mouse demo will show the high polling rate, low latency, and low power capabilities of SPARK’s UWB technology for wireless gaming devices.
SPARK is also demonstrating the low latency, low power, and high data rates of its UWB technology in a variety of other applications, including:
- Uncompressed 96KSps high quality audio headset reference design
- Technology demonstration of wireless UWB capabilities including wireless video and multi-channel synchronization of wireless data streams
- Ultra-low power ranging and proximity detection
- Ultra-low power IoT sensors
- UBITO Energy Harvesting Sensor Module using an ultra-low power SPARK transceiver
About SPARK Microsystems
SPARK Microsystems is a fabless semiconductor company that is leading the way towards ultra-low power wireless communications for consumer and IoT-connected devices. With its patented technologies, SPARK Microsystems is bringing to market a high-performance wireless transceiver that allows for orders of magnitude improved power consumption, latency and more accurate ranging and positioning, while providing higher data rates than competing technologies. For more information, please visit www.sparkmicro.com.