Summer is a great time to tackle your to-do list, but with seemingly endless lists it is hard to know what project is a “must-do” or what can be delayed. It is easy to put off home maintenance projects, but there are a few projects that shouldn’t wait. Recently, Home Care Expert at Angi, Bailey Carson, shared her top maintenance projects for the summer and tips on saving money and time.
A video accompanying this announcement is available at: https://youtu.be/fm8VglbsBJM
If you only do a few home projects this season, make them these—you’ll save yourself a lot of time, money and despair down the road.
- Weather Proofing - A home that can withstand all seasons is critically important and key to a four seasons home are weather proofing projects like caulking and weather-stripping doors and windows and implementing passive design can make a huge difference.
- Leaky Roofs or Windows - Leaks in the short-term are a nuisance, but in the long-term leaks create huge problems for your home. At Angi, major roof repair is one of the most common tasks and according to our cost data can easily cost in the thousands. To avoid the total replacement, be proactive and take care of weak spots. Call a professional to do an assessment. In addition to saving money, leaks can cause water damage and buildup of hazardous mold.
- Cleaning gutters & downspouts - Fall leaves, followed by winter weather and spring showers, can cause major buildup in your gutters and downspouts. Cleaning these each year can prevent roof problems, water damage and flooding in and around your home.
- Annual HVAC servicing - A hot summer day is the last time you want an unexpected AC outage. Servicing your HVAC units can help prevent those, while also determining if there are any inefficiencies that could be driving up your energy bills and costing you more and more each month.
- Cleaning out dryer vents - We may be good at cleaning out the lint trap each time we use the dryer, but most of us tend to put off dryer vent cleanings because they’re out of sight, out of mind. No more – these are a major fire hazard, and they cause your dryer to work harder each time, wasting energy and driving up your monthly utility bills, and replacements can be costly.
For more information and to find an expert near you, visit Angi.com
About Bailey Carson:
Bailey Carson is a Home Care Expert at Angi and Head of Book Now. In this role, she oversees all aspects of Book Now services from product and operations to sales and marketing. She transitioned from her prior role as General Manager of Everyday Services for Angi. Previously, Bailey was the SVP of Growth for Handy, an Angi sister brand, where she led the expansion of its cleaning business, overseeing marketing, operations and customer support. In addition to her 15+ years of work experience, Bailey is also a seasoned homeowner and just completed a move to Virginia including a remodel – all with three kids (including twins)! She has dedicated countless hours of personal and professional time to understanding the ins and outs of everyday home care including cleaning, lawncare and more. Bailey earned her MBA from Harvard Business School and her BS in Business Administration and Accounting from Washington and Lee University.
YourUpdateTV is a social media video portal for organizations to share their content. It includes separate channels for Health and Wellness, Lifestyle, Media and Entertainment, Money and Finance, Social Responsibility, Sports and Technology.