Every year, Tim Hortons restaurant owners show their dedication to supporting their communities through the annual week-long Smile Cookie campaign. The annual campaign sees 100% of purchases* from each Smile Cookie – a chocolate chunk cookie topped with pink and blue icing drawing out a smile – donated to local charities.
Last year, over $230k was raised to support 18 charities and hospitals across the US. Back again for its 26th year, Tim Hortons Smile Cookie week is a much-anticipated event in communities across the U.S. and Canada.
“At Tim Hortons, we take pride in being part of and serving our local communities,” said Axel Schwan, President of Tim Hortons. “As we enter our 26th year of the Smile Cookie campaign, we continue to be inspired to see Tim Hortons guests and restaurant owners come together to give back to their neighbors.”
To participate in this year’s Smile Cookie campaign, visit your local Tim Hortons restaurant or place a digital order through the Tim Hortons app and/or website. The Smile Cookie sells for $1.00, excluding taxes.
For a full list of local charities benefiting from Tim Hortons annual Smile Cookie campaign, visit timhortons.com/smile-cookie. Guests can also show how they are supporting the annual campaign by using #SmileCookie hashtag on social media.
Smile Cookie Campaign Facts
- For over 25 years, Tim Hortons restaurant owners and guests across North America have been spreading smiles.
- The Smile Cookie campaign began in 1996 as a way to help raise funds for the Hamilton Children’s Hospital in Ontario and has grown to become a major fundraising event at Tim Hortons Restaurants in Canada and US.
- Nationally, Tim Hortons Restaurant owners support more than 21 local US charities, hospitals and community programs through the Smile Cookie campaign.
- Last year, the Smile Cookie campaign raised over $230k across the US.
- Join the conversation online and share your smiles on social media using the hashtag #SmileCookie.
*$1 per cookie, excluding taxes.
About TIM HORTONS®
Tim Hortons® is one of North America's largest restaurant chains operating in the quick service segment. Founded as a single location in Canada in 1964, Tim Hortons appeals to a broad range of guest tastes, with a menu that includes premium coffee, hot and cold specialty drinks (including lattes, cappuccinos, espresso, teas and our famous Iced Capp® beverages), fresh baked goods, hot breakfast sandwiches, breakfast snacking items, and other food products. Tim Hortons has more than 4,800 system wide restaurants located in Canada, the United States and around the world. More information about the company is available at www.timhortons.com.
Alison Brod Marketing + Communications