SUPPORTS BROADCAST APPS, DATACASTING CAPABILITIES & ADDITIONAL “BEYOND TV” FUNCTIONALITY FOR COMPANION DEVICES
VBox Communications, a pioneering specialist in broadcast TV streaming, recording and digital datacasting, today announced the availability of Version 2.5 of its ATSC 3.0 Testbed platform – offering an array of new features and enhanced functionality for the NextGenTV product development community.
VBox will be presenting in NAB Show Las Vegas April 24-27th in Future of Delivery, West Hall, Booth W9513
The VBox ATSC 3.0 Testbed – Version 2.5 platform enables unified analysis of both linear broadcast and “beyond TV” data signal provision, and introduces new functionalities such as:
- Comprehensive ATSC 3.0 content reception and recasting capabilities across connected network devices – including Electronic Service Guide (ESG) information (Service Categories 1 & 4)
- Fully supported ATSC 3.0 broadcast app accessibility, and interactive functionality present on Local and Multi screens: “Android App available”
- Seamless enablement of Advanced Emergency Information (AEI) applications
- Inclusive support for datacasting, remote/distance learning and other interactive applications (Service Category 3)
- Harmonized delivery of primary and companion (CD) device a applications in accordance to ATSC 3.0 Standard A/338 (Beta)
- Extensive SDK & testing documentation
- Monitoring and Analysis tools built-in web management interface
The VBox ATSC 3.0 Testbed – Version 2.5 is aimed at assisting broadcast engineers, digital application developers, datacast system integrators, and NextGenTV technology vendors with a comprehensive, yet cost-effective toolkit to evaluate the viability of ATSC 3.0 product field trials and assess market launch success.
“As ATSC 3.0 market penetration approaches 50% of the US population, there is a growing need for assessing broadcast signal reception and testing ‘beyond TV’ data applications that the NextGenTV standard promises,” said Jonathan Rind, VBox Marketing Director. “VBox Communications is committed to the continued development of the most comprehensive tools for evaluating ATSC 3.0/NextGenTV features via its TestBed series, with a constant goal of being the go-to “future-proof” platform for the industry’s evolving needs.”
Come and meet VBox Communications at NAB Show, Las Vegas, April 24-27th in the Future of Delivery area, West Hall, Booth W9513
To set up a meeting with us during the NAB show please click: https://vboxcomm.com/event/nab-april-2022/ and fill the form.
About VBox Communications: VBox Communications (https://vboxcomm.com/) is an expert in Digital TV, offering products that deliver live TV broadcasts (e.g., DVB-T/T2, DVB-C, DVB-S2, ISDB-T/ATSC) to IP, combined with OTT video streaming services, for home and business use. VBox’s innovative, end-to-end firmware, software, and hardware solutions empower telcos, STB/streamer OEMs, and integrators to harness the benefits of converged live broadcast and IP- based TV – while helping grow revenues, streamlining communications and reducing costs. The company is also an official member of the Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) committed to ATSC 3.0 future developments as well as an active contributor and participant in the evolving 5G Broadcast standard, with planned products in the pipeline.
For more details about the ATSC 3.0 Testbed, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about the VBox ATSC 3.0 TV Gateway can be found at: https://vboxcomm.com/landing/landing-atsc3/
VBox Communications Ltd.