Bumble, the women-first dating and social networking app, has revealed 2022’s dating trends ahead of Dating Sunday, also known as the first Sunday of the new year and one of the busiest days for the online dating industry. Recently, Shan Boodram, Sex and Relationship Expert at Bumble, participated in a nationwide satellite media tour to discuss dating trends and what people can expect in the New Year.
A video accompanying this announcement is available at: https://youtu.be/7FH9VJpcN-o
According to Bumble’s latest study, the New Year will bring about:
- Explori-dating: The pandemic has made almost half of us (48%) question what our ‘type’ is. Looking ahead to 2022, more than 1 in 3 people on Bumble would describe their approach to dating as exploratory (43%) and more than one-third (34%) of respondents in the U.S. say they are more open to exploring a relationship with someone who lives in another city.
- Consciously Single: 2022 is all about finding that someone, not just anyone. The pandemic has made half of us (53%) realize that it’s OK to be alone for a while.
- Dry Dating: Throughout the pandemic, many have changed their relationship to alcohol and adopted new drinking habits. In fact, 1 in 3 (34%) people globally are now more likely to consider going on a ‘dry date’ than they were before the pandemic.
“Dating Sunday” is known as the first Sunday of the new year and one of the busiest days for the online dating industry. Last year, Bumble saw that the highest volume of messages in the US were exchanged between early January and before Valentine’s Day. This time period has traditionally been a busy season for online dating as people re-merge from the holidays and get ready to find a new partner just in time for Valentine’s Day.
Here are some tips on updating your profile:
- Make your first photo stand out. Showing off your smile, your eyes (without sunglasses), and your whole face (without a Snapchat filter) makes a positive first impression. Make sure it's only you in this first photo. It's great to include photos with your friends too, but you want your potential matches to know just who it is they'll be swiping on when they land on your profile.
- Add interests and badges to highlight your likes, hobbies and passions.
- Don’t be too serious. Dating should be fun and exciting, so let your personality show!
- Less is not more. Don’t leave your profile blank! This is your opportunity to show off your amazing sense of humor and let your next potential match get to know a little bit about you. Everyone loves a funny, memorable profile. Remember to keep it positive! Asking a question in your profile that a potential match can answer as their first message to you is always a good idea.
- Ask a trusted BFF for advice: Sometimes we can be our own worst critics, and our friends can help us see things we might miss. Ask them how they might describe you, or the things about you that stand out the most. Allow your closest confidantes to take a look at your camera roll or Instagram and help select some great photos, too.
For more information, visit Bumble.com or download the app in the App Store and Google Play.
About Shan Boodram:
Shan Boodram is a certified sex educator, dating coach and intimacy expert. Boodram is host of the top podcast, "Lovers and Friends," the best-selling author of “The Game of Desire,” resident expert on Netflix's “Too Hot to Handle,” and currently stars in Peacock’s new show “Ex-Rated with Andy Cohen". She is an ambassador for AIDS Healthcare Foundation and WomensHealth.gov, and a member of the American Sexual Health Association.
About Bumble app:
Bumble, the women-first dating and social networking app, was founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. Bumble connects people across dating (Bumble Date), friendship (Bumble BFF) and professional networking (Bumble Bizz). No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble is built on the importance of equitable relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. They've built their platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and their community plays an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression, or bullying. Bumble is free and available worldwide in the App Store and Google Play.
YourUpdateTV is a social media video portal for organizations to share their content. It includes separate channels for Health and Wellness, Lifestyle, Media and Entertainment, Money and Finance, Social Responsibility, Sports and Technology.